We'll help you pick the right Landlord Insurance

Call 020 8364 3444

Get A Quote

What is Landlord Insurance?

Landlord Insurance covers risks related to your buy-to-let property and rental activity. There are several different types of landlord insurance covers and when choosing the insurance you want, it is important to understand the risks you would like covered. Most policies start with building insurance and property owner’s liability insurance. These will help cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your property whilst covering the people within your property. 

Other covers can also come under Landlord insurance, including loss of rent, accidental damage, tenant default, depending on your needs. Having fully comprehensive Landlord cover will help cover you from all sorts of risks, freak accidents and issues.

Our qualified insurance brokers

Our specialist Insurance brokers are here to help. Feel free to give them a ring to discuss your Landlord Insurance policy options.

Do I need Landlord Insurance cover?

Landlord insurance is not a legal requirement, however a normal home insurance policy will not cover you if you are renting to tenants and can refuse to pay any claims you make when the property is being lived in by tenants, leaving you exposed and at risk if anything ever goes wrong. 

Landlord insurance is, however, usually a requirement if you have a mortgage on your property. Your mortgage lender may require you to have a valid landlord’s insurance policy before you let to tenants as this will protect you from the many risks that come with letting your property and give you peace of mind.

What Landlord Insurance cover is right for me?

Landlord insurance can include many different types of cover. Also known as buy-to-let insurance, Landlord insurance typically includes buildings insurance and contents insurance, covering your property from events including fires and floods whilst also covering the furnishings within your property. 

It is always better to include as much cover within your Landlord insurance as possible, in order to protect you from every angle. Therefore when speaking to an Insurance advisor, be sure to look into:

    • The cost of repairing damage in an emergency following large issues such as a burst pipe or gas leak
    • Accidental damage cover for the building and/or its contents
    • Legal cover to get back lost rent that your tenants may not be able to pay
    • Compensation claims due to tenant injury
    • Payment of lost rent whilst the property is uninhabitable due to a valid claim.

Landlord insurance will usually cover the most common risks that are associated with renting out a property,  however as policies can vary, it is important to look through the covers that come under this insurance type and choose what policies suit you and your property best.

We work closely with a range of Insurers to ensure we find the right cover for you, including:

What can Mortgages and Insurers Solutions do for you?

Here at Mortgages and Insurers Solutions, we want to ensure that our customers find the insurance cover that fits their life perfectly. It can be hard to navigate through lists of policies that providers supply, and it can be easy to take out a policy that is not relatable to your situation, yet still be paying for them.

To avoid any confusion, we take the time to understand our customers wants and needs and provide the best insurance cover based off of this. With exclusive deals and policies that we manage with our Insurance partners, we work hard to establish tailored insurance cover that would otherwise be difficult to find.

We are always on call to take any questions or queries and we are always here to help with any issues.


We look forward to hearing from you!

Take a look at our other Insurance types